Giant S’mores Cookies: soft baked giant cookies filled with mini marshmallows and chocolate chunks to make a delicious s’mores inspired cookie!!
I was looking back at my very first post on my blog way back in 2015 (long time ago… I know!!) and it was a recipe for S’mores Cookies inspired by my trip to America. I still love s’mores to this day and I thought the post deserved an update and I decided I was going to SUPERSIZE the recipe this time!! So that meant only one thing … GIANT cookies!
The recipe is essentially the same with only a few tweaks to make them more mouth wateringly moorish and irresistable. I’ve used chocolate chunks rather than small chips so when you bite into the cookies you get a bigger hit of chocolate and who wouldn’t want that?! I’ve also upped the amount of marshmallows so they are extra sticky and sweet, just like s’mores ❤ Oh, and I’ve made them bigger because why not? … more cookie means ….well, more cookie for us to eat in one sitting!
These cookies are soft baked which is how I prefer them to be but I understand this is not everyone’s preference. These cookies come out of the oven soft, gooey and almost falling apart…. totally and utterly delicious if you ask me and my taste testers ❤ You can however leave them in the oven for 2-3 minutes longer so they turn out a bit firmer, still scrummy just not as soft.
To make the cookies giant sized I used a giant ice cream scoop, makes sense right? I recently ordered a set of 3 scoops from Amazon and they are amazing! This is 100% not an ad I just love them and they’re so handy for cookies, cupcakes…. ice cream scooping. The scoop I used was about 6cm in diameter, so pretty large hence the giant sized baked delicious-ness! If you don’t have a scoop you can divide the cookie mix into 8 portions and roll them into balls. You’ll still have giant cookies it may just be a little messy but definitely worth it I promise!
As these soft baked, sticky, sweet and super scrummy cookies are giant sized they’d be great as a dessert and could be served with ice cream for delicious treat. Or, like me you could enjoy them mid-morning, mid-afternoon, late-afternoon or at regular intervals throughout the day 😀 YUM!!!!
Now for the good bit …the recipe:
- 150g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 225g self raising flour
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped roughly into 1cm chunks
- 40g mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas Mark 5/340F. Line two baking sheet with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar until soft fluffy and well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add in the baking powder and self raising flour and bring together to form a dough. It will be sticky so use a spoon or spatula to bring it all together.
- Stir through the chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows until distributed throughout the dough.
- Either using a large ice cream scoop or by evenly dividing the cookie dough and making the portions into balls make 8 cookie dough balls and place on the baking sheet. Make sure you leave enough room between the cookie dough balls because they will spread!
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes or 2-3 minutes longer for a firmer bake. Take them out the oven and leave them to cool on the baking sheet until fully cooled. If you try and move them too soon they will break up.
- Once cooled you should be able to move the cookies to your plate to eat or to a storage tub/tin for later. Enjoy!
Happy Baking! ❤
Find me on:
Instagram – @BeckyAnneBakes
Facebook – @BeckyAnneBakes
Twitter – @BeckyAnneBakes