Chocolate Orange Mini Egg Brownies: super chocolatey brownies flavoured with fresh orange zest and filled with chocolate orange mini eggs! ❤
Hello lovely people…. I do hope you’re all well and coping okay with what is going on in the world at the moment! ❤ ❤ From me to you here’s a bit of baking LOVE ❤ ❤
If you have found yourself with extra time at home right now then why not occupy yourself with baking some delicious brownies just in time for Easter. I seem to have a few brownie recipes coming up to tempt you with… I must have really been craving brownies!!
They’re a classic traybake, easy to make, and bake using the same 12 inch x 9 inch tin I’ve used for all my recipes so far. I may have said this before but bakes that require minimal decoration to finish them are also my favourite. I feel as though brownies can stand alone as a substantial snack/treat/dessert or all of the above without many additional toppings because they are well just AMAZING!
The brownies in this recipe are flavoured so deliciously with orange it helps to cut through the deep chocolate flavour…. some might say it makes it easier to eat more of them! Unlike other recipes I chose not to use a whole Terry’s Chocolate Orange in the brownie mix because I wanted a fresher orange taste from using orange zest and a little orange extract. Of course I had to add the mini eggs into the brownie mix because well they make a YUMMY addition ❤ With more Terry’s Chocolate Orange Mini Eggs on top adding a zing of colour and crunch they finish the brownies off so nicely!!
OMG, just look at the irresistible fudgy centre that I’ve taken a huge bite from….!! I’ve used the method of whisking up the eggs and sugar together to give the whole brownie a lift and it is so worth it… although they are fudgy it somehow makes them light… baking magic I know!!
I really enjoy baking and creating recipes and I think at the moment doing a little of what you love and makes you happy is definitely the way to go. Enjoy the recipe and enjoy the brownies fresh from the oven! ❤
- 225g dark chocolate
- 225g unsalted butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 3 x 80g packets of Terry’s Chocolate Orange Mini Eggs
- 50g Milk Chocolate
- 1 x 80g packet of Terry’s Chocolate Orange Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/Gas Mark 4/350F and line a 12 inch x 9 inch traybake tin with greaseproof paper, set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl over a bain-marie (glass bowl over a pan of boiling water, the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl). Slowly heat until melted and combined. Set aside to cool a little.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a stand mixer or use a hand whisk to whisk the eggs and sugar until pale, thick and increased in volume. They should reach the ‘ribbon-stage’ which means when the beater is lifted it should leave a trail which should stay on top for a few seconds. Add the orange zest and extract and whisk again for a few seconds.
- Carefully fold through the chocolate mix into the egg/sugar mix. Fold until combined. Fold through the flour and cocoa powder gently until combined.
- Fold through 3 packs of Terry’s Chocolate Orange Mini Eggs until evenly distributed.
- Pour into the tray bake tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool in the tin before turning out onto a cooling rack. Melt the milk chocolate and drizzle over the brownies. Decorate with more mini eggs. Enjoy!
Happy Baking all!!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes