Oreo Cookie Bites: a deliciously soft and sweet cookie dough stuffed full of Oreo Bites and chocolate chips! ❤
Hello Bakers!! I hope everyone is staying safe in these uncertain times. I come to you bearing a delicious recipe for cookie bites to brighten your day!! Just look at that stack of cookie bites… I’ve called them bites because two bites and they’re gone, I mean you could probably devour them in one bite if you really wanted to!! SO yummy I can’t tell you how much I loved taste testing this one.
I really wanted to make something using ingredients you might have in your cupboard already and avoid using too many eggs as I’m aware they’re not always available. So cookies came to mind as they’re easy to make especially if you have little hands helping in the kitchen these days. BUT, I thought what’s better than cookies?! Cookie Bites!! They are cookies in square/bar form but I’ve called them bites…. makes them sound cute and even more scrummy!!
These cookie bites are made just like cookies but instead you push the dough down into a baking tin and watch as they bake into a super tasty treat for everyone to enjoy! I’ve chosen to stuff mine with Oreo Bites and chocolate chips but you really can use anything you have available, whether that’s left over chocolate or you might even have some mini eggs in the house as we’re edging closer to Easter. So versatile.
As the cookie bites are packed with so much chocolatey deliciousness I’ve just opted for a milk chocolate drizzle on top … mostly so I could throw some sprinkles on and they’d stick!! The decoration is entirely optional but I think they make them look fun and even more tempting. I’ve used a mixture of chocolate strands/balls and some rainbow sprinkles that are fast becoming my FAVE sprinkle mix from Iced Jems.
Here’s the recipe…. HAPPY BAKING!!
- 150g butter (either unsalted or baking butter)
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped into 1cm squares roughly
- 2 x Oreo Bite packs
- 50g milk chocolate, melted (for the topping)
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/Gas Mark 4/350F. Line a 9 inch x 9 inch square traybake tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until combined. It should look lighter and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Fold together to form a dough.
- Fold through the chocolate chunks and Oreo Bites until evenly distributed throughout the dough mix.
- Press the dough down into the tin, I used my fingers to really get in there and press it evenly into the tin! Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. It should look golden on top and have a little wobble in the very centre still. Check after 20 minutes to make sure it isn’t turning too dark on top, if it is cover with foil and return to the oven.
- Allow to cool in the tin until fully cooled.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate and throw on some sprinkles before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes