Easter Millionaire’s Brownie Tart
Easter Millionaire’s Brownie Tart: a buttery shortcrust pastry base with a layer of caramel and topped with gooey brownie and Easter chocolate treat! <3
Happy Easter All! If you’re looking for an indulgent bake for this weekends dessert then you’ve come to the right place. This recipe has it all from the buttery crisp base to the ooey gooey brownie top… honestly it is heavenly to eat!! A treat at the weekend is always welcome in our house especially at times like this and I am in love with this tart recipe. When you cut into the tart you can see the delicious caramel start to ooze out underneath the fudgy super chocolatey brownie… SO YUMMY!
This tart recipe has everything you’d expect from a classic Millionaire’s Shortbread; the caramel, the shortbread and the chocolate. The sweet shortcrust pastry case makes up the shortbread base and is so soft, short and crumbly it makes for a delicious base for this tasty tart. A layer of sweet sweet caramel is next and I’ve used Carnation’s ready made caramel for ease and spread this across the bottom of the tart case. On top is the fudgy-liscious brownie and some chocolate Easter treats … oh my, just utter chocolate heaven!
I’ve used cute mini malteser bunnies and galaxy caramel eggs to push into the top of my tart but you can use whatever treats you have. As soon as your tart comes out the oven you’ll need to gently press them down into the top, they’ll soon melt into place. You can of course not add any additional chocolate or treats on top and the tart will still be super delicious and moreish!
I’ve made fresh sweet shortcrust pastry but can buy this ready made in the shops and to be honest I usually do but this bake was a last minute decision and I wasn’t able to pop to the shop to buy the ready made version. You can also buy ready baked pastry cases – even easier and simpler!
The brownie is made using the same method I’ve used for previous brownies and does require a little effort to whisk the eggs and sugar before folding in the other ingredients but it’s worth it. Whisking the eggs and sugar gives the brownie a little lift and lightness to the bake and really benefits the whole tart!!
I can’t tell you how much I love this scrummy Easter Millionaires Brownie Tart! It has the WOW factor and as soon as you take a bite you’ll be saying ‘oh my gosh’ and taking another one!! It looks appetising and it tastes even better. YUMMMM!!
For the pastry:
- 125g unsalted butter, cubed
- 250g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
OR one packet of ready made sweet shortcrust pastry
For the caramel:
- 175g caramel (I used carnation)
For the brownie:
- 2 large eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 35g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
For the topping:
- Mini Malteser Bunnies
- Mini Galaxy Caramel Eggs
- To make the pastry: rub together the butter cubes and plain flour between your fingers until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in the sugar. Add in the egg and start to bring together the pastry dough with your hands. Knead only to bring the dough together, no more. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Once chilled roll out the pastry dough to 4mm thickness. Grease a 9 inch loose bottomed tart tin. Line the tin with the pastry and trim off any excess pastry. Chill the tart case in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/ 200C. Once chilled you’ll need to bake blind the pastry case. Place some baking paper over the top of the pastry case and fill with baking beans or rice to hold the pastry down and stop it rising. Bake blind in the oven for 15 minutes. After baking blind remove the baking beans/rice and set the tart case aside.
- To make the brownie: whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and doubled in size. The egg mix should leave a trail when the beater is picked up. It’s easier to use a stand mixer or hand whisk for this part. Melt the butter in the microwave, about 20 seconds. Gently fold the melted butter into the egg mix. Melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts in the microwave and fold through the egg mix until fully combined. Add the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold through until combined. Set aside for now.
- Spread the caramel into the bottom of the pastry case making sure it goes all the way to the edges.
- Spoon the brownie mix over the caramel in the tart case being careful when spreading so as not to mix the caramel in. Spread all the way to the sides of the tart case.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until when taken out it only has a slight wobble in the middle.
- Press the mini malteser bunnies and galaxy eggs into the top of the brownie whilst still warm.
- Allow to cool before cutting into desired slices. Enjoy!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.