Fridge Cake: a delicious chocolate fridge cake packed with biscuits, marshmallows and even more chocolate! ❤
Hello bakers! This is a No-Bake recipe for a yummy and quick dessert full of chocolate!! A fridge cake is pretty much a rocky road type delight where you melt chocolate with butter and syrup and stir through biscuits and chocolate. It’s an easy no-bake recipe that uses any leftover chocolate or treats you might have and is great to make with children.
Fridge cake is named so because instead of firing up your oven the way to make this tasty treat is by chilling in the fridge. Your chosen biscuits, marshmallows and chocolates will be coated in a creamy mix of milk and dark chocolate that is pretty irresistible! Fridge cake is the ULTIMATE crowd pleaser and will be hit with the family for sure. You can easily package it up to drop off on the doorstep for friends or family too. They will definitely thank you for it!! Chocolate heaven ❤
To make this recipe even easier to follow and make at home I decided to make a handy video. All the quantities are below for what you’ll need and then if you wanted to watch the video will show you how it’s made. The video will be available on my Instagram page.
I used the biscuits and chocolate that were leftover in my cupboard which happened to be digestive biscuits, chocolate bourbons, jam biscuits, two small crunchie bars, one small mars bar and a few mini marshmallows. You can use whatever you have but I would suggest using some sort of biscuits mixed with marshmallows and then your choice of chocolate treat. I’ve also used a mix of milk and dark chocolate for a richer flavour but you can use either all milk or all dark.
I’ve also sprinkled extra chocolate on top which is totally optional but lots of fun!! I hope you enjoy this No-Bake Chocolate Fridge Cake as much as I do! SO YUMMY!!
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150g unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 25g mini marshmallows
- 4 digestive biscuits
- 3 chocolate bourbons
- 2 jam centred biscuits
- 2 small crunchie bars, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 small mars bar, chopped into 1cm pieces
- assorted chocolate sprinkles
- Prepare a 9 inch x 9 inch square baking tin by lining with baking paper.
- Melt both the chocolates, butter and syrup together in a glass bowl using the microwave. Melt the mix in short 30 second blasts in the microwave, giving it a stir after each time. When most of the chocolate has melted remove from the microwave and stir until the remaining chocolate has melted.
- Break up the biscuits into the mix, this can be pretty rough and uneven. Add the chopped chocolate and mini marshmallows and stir together. Make sure everything is well coated in the chocolate mix.
- Pour into the tin and spread evenly. Add on any extra sprinkles or chocolate on top. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until set and firm. Slice into pieces and enjoy. I store mine in the fridge especially as the weather is nice and sunny at the moment.
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.