Cornflake Sprinkle Cookies: a soft baked white chocolate chunk cookie with cornflakes and sprinkles! 💛
Hello bakers! I have been wanting to share this recipe for a little while and I’m so excited it’s finally here!! Cornflake Sprinkle Cookies are sooo good I really can’t tell you how delicious they are!
They are such a fun bake with cornflakes, sprinkles and white chocolate chunks that make up the perfect cookie. The recipe is a little different to my usual recipe and includes a very important step… chilling the cookie dough. Chilling the dough ensures that the cookies don’t spread as much and gives you a fuller and thicker cookie … basically a better cookie that’s even yummier!! … I know who knew cookies could get even better.
Adding in cornflakes adds a certain nostalgia to the cookie. Thinking back to school days and cornflake tarts or chocolate cornflake nests or for me eating cornflakes with warm milk for breakfast as a child. Yes, warm milk and cornflakes is totally thing and I used to love it. The cornflakes also add a nice chewy texture to the cookie that I wasn’t expecting but really like. The recipe includes cornflakes inside the cookie with more sprinkled over the top after they come out the oven. So inside the cookie they provide a delicious chewiness and on top a bit of crunch! You will love them I’m sure, just like my loyal taste testers have!
I love using white chocolate chunks in my cookie recipes and they go really well with the cornflakes, a lovely creaminess and a delicate flavour that doesn’t overpower the cornflakes. The recipe includes chocolate chunks in the dough and then two chunks pushed into the top of the dough ball right before baking so you make sure you have some yummy white chocolate on top after baking! This is totally optional and you can put all the chunks in the cookie dough if you want but it does help distribute the chocolate too.
I’ve also used Funfetti sprinkles in the cookies because why not?! They are fun to use and keep their bright colours so well because the baking time is short. I get all my sprinkles from Iced Jems because it’s my local store and I love the quality of the supplies. Most sprinkles should be stable enough for these cookies but may lose some of their colour depending on the brand you use.
- 140g butter (I used Stork)
- 110g light brown sugar
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 150g white chocolate chunks (I chopped up a bar of white chocolate)
- 30g cornflakes (plus 10g cornflakes for after baking)
- 2 tbsp Funfetti sprinkles
- Cream together the butter and both sugars together until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and nutmeg and mix again until combined.
- Add in the baking powder and flour and mix again.
- Fold through 100g of the white chocolate chunks saving the rest for later.
- Gently crush the 30g of cornflakes in a bowl, not too much though. Fold these through the cookie dough with the sprinkles as well.
- Roll the cookie dough into 16 balls and place onto a large plate. Push two chunks of white chocolate into the top of the cookie dough balls. Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/ 200C/ Gas Mark 5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake cookies for 10 – 15 minutes or until starting to turn golden on top. Bake 6 cookies at a time with only one baking tray going into the oven to ensure an even bake on them all.
- Whilst baking completely crush the remaining 10g of cornflakes. As soon as the cookies come out the oven sprinkle over some of the crushed cornflakes and then allow to cool fully before moving. Enjoy!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.