M&M Rocky Road
M&M Rocky Road: a creamy chunk of chocolate full of digestive biscuits, marshmallows and M&Ms!!
Hello baking friends! Rocky Road anyone?! It’s a big yes please from me, always!! I’m a huge fan of Rocky Road. So much so this is my second variation on my blog – my Malteser Rocky Road has been super popular and I’m sure this recipe will be too!
To really make this the BEST Rocky Road ever I’ve made a few changes to my usual recipe, and trust me they are so worth it! I wanted to enhance the flavour of the chocolate so this recipe uses a combination of both milk and dark chocolate. I know some people may not like dark chocolate and I’m not the biggest fan either but this ratio has the perfect mix. Just a little dark chocolate makes this Rocky Road different and so much creamier without being too rich! So basically it makes it SUPER delicious!!
As well as choosing M&M’s to be the star of this Rocky Road in amongst the crunch of an M&M and encased in creamy chocolate are digestive biscuits and mini marshmallows…. just like in a classic Rocky Road. The ratio is the most important part as you need enough chocolate to coat everything so you get a delicious mix in every mouthful. This recipe for M&M Rocky Road has it all and just looking at it I want to rush back into the kitchen to make more. So tempting and so so totally YUMMY!!!
Simple. Easy. No-Bake. Delicious. That is what this epic M&M Rocky Road is… I love it and my taste testers have definitely enjoyed it! This is the perfect easy sunday morning no-bake treat you will 100% love!! <3
Give your oven a break and let the fridge do all the chilling you need to make this Rocky Road. I’ve chopped mine up into quite large chunks but can make them smaller or bigger depending on your preference. I’ve also decorated the top with extra M&M’s and chocolate sprinkles because it’s fun to add sprinkles on top … adding sprinkles wherever possible is totally my new motto.
- 350g milk chocolate
- 50g dark chocolate
- 125g golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g mini marshmallows
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 160g M&M’s
- 150g milk chocolate
- 50g dark chocolate
- 80g M&M’s
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Place both chocolates, golden syrup and butter in a glass bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water (bann-marie). Keep stirring until melted so nothing sticks to the bottom of the bowl. The pan only needs to be filled half way with water as you don’t want the water to touch the bottom of the bowl. Once melted and combined take off the heat.
- Break up the digestive biscuits and add them to the chocolate mix with the marshmallows and M&M’s. Stir to distribute but not too much so the marshmallows start to melt.
- Pour the mix into a lined 9 inch x 9 inch traybake tin and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Melt both the chocolates in short bursts in the microwave, no longer than 20 seconds at a time. Pour over the melted chocolate on the set rocky road mix. Sprinkle over the M&M’s and any chocolate sprinkles. Chill again for 1 hour.
- Slice into your desired pieces and enjoy!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.