Carrot Cake Baked Donuts
Carrot Cake Baked Donuts: soft baked spiced donuts topped with cream cheese frosting and crushed pecans 💛
Hello bakers! Carrot Cake Baked Donuts … they almost sound healthy don’t they?! I’m not sure they can be placed in the healthy category but I can confirm they are super delicious!! Baked donuts are a tasty alternative to the bread based doughnuts that need to be fried as like with a cake they’re baked making it even easier to enjoy donuts at home. Although they may look similar to a cake they have a closer texture that makes them so yummy and moreish!
To make this utterly delicious recipe you follow a method similar to making a muffin. You’ll want to mix the wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine together, super simple! Carrot Cake Baked Donuts are everything you’d want and expect from carrot cake only in the form of a cute and yummy donut! All the spices that we know and love in a really good carrot cake, like cinnamon and nutmeg… YUM!!
The donuts of course include grated carrot and it’s important to finely grate the carrot as the donuts are much smaller than a standard cake. The carrot ensures a lovely soft and moist bake to the donuts you will love!! I loved these donuts, actually a little sad they’re all gone.
When thinking about what to top the delicious donuts with I couldn’t not include carrot cakes most famous topping – cream cheese frosting! I love cream cheese frosting and with a sprinkle of crushed pecans on top it really does complete the perfect Carrot Cake Baked Donut!! I mean what’s not to love … cake, cream cheese, pecans … all in donut form. I am obsessed with them! My other half was also a HUGE fan, they didn’t even last until the end of the day! Always a good sign … <3
To make the donuts you will need a donut tin as this is how you create the iconic donut shape. I bought mine online, most likely from Amazon but I’ve had it a little while so I can’t remember! The brand I have is Wilton and it’s always worked well for me. I’m sure there are lots of varieties of tin out there now for you to choose from and if you’re anything like me it’ll be a great new addition to an extensive baking tin collection!!
I don’t think I could have loved these scrumptious donuts more … so good! I really hope you enjoy baking them, and eating them of course. They do not disappoint and won’t take long to make .. which means you’ll be sitting down with a cup of tea and a donut in no time!
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70g light brown sugar
- 70g finely grated carrot (half a large carrot)
- 2 medium eggs
- 60ml vegetable oil
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 30ml milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 115g cream cheese
- 40g icing sugar
- 30g pecans, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/ Gas Mark 4. Grease a 6 hole donut tin and set aside.
- Mix together the dry ingredients – plain flour, baking powder, light brown sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients – eggs, oil and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredient mix into the dry ingredients and stir to combine only. Fold through the grated carrot until just mixed through.
- Either fill a piping bag with the mix and pipe into the donut holes or spoon in. The mix should fill 3/4 of the holes. The recipe makes 9 donuts so bake the first batch followed by 3 more.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin before transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully. Bake the second batch of 3 donuts for 8 minutes.
- Whisk the cream cheese and icing sugar until thickened. Spread on top of the cooled donuts and sprinkle over the crushed pecans. Enjoy!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.