Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars
Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars: fudgy and gooey centred cookie bars full of milk and dark chocolate and topped with white chocolate sprinkles 💛
Hello bakers! I think I’m on a cookie high because here’s another delicious cookie recipe for you. I have another yummy cookie bar recipe on my blog – Oreo Cookie Bites – and they are so good I had to make more!!
When you hear triple chocolate you expect milk, dark and delicious white chocolate so that’s what this recipe has. I’ve not put white chocolate chips in my cookie bars but you can switch out some milk or dark to add them in. I’ve sprinkled the top with white chocolate and it just makes the cookie look so much more tempting!! The perfect cookie bars in my opinion are ones that are soft baked and still fudgy and gooey in the middle … am I right?! I always tend to slightly under bake my cookies so I can make sure they’re still soft in the centre. You can bake them for a few minutes more if you prefer them crispier!
I just love cookies SO much. Cookie bars are a delicious way of enjoying all the cookie epicness, easy to share or not to share. No judgement if you eat 3 or 4 cookie bars at a time or even for breakfast … because I’ve totally done that! If there are super yummy cookies in the kitchen I will find them and eat them, it’s my super power.
Cookie bars are cookies that are pushed down into a Traybake tin rather than balled and baked as cookies. Everything you know and love about cookies in delicious cookie bars!! You can add extra flavours in or treats if you’d like as well… endless possibilities!
I loved making these cookie bars and loved eating them even more! Super gooey and chocolatey you will love them! They are quick and easy to make and would be the perfect gift for someone or as a yummy weekend treat! I hope you find them yummy too, tag me on social media so I can see your bakes! 💛
- 150g butter (either unsalted or baking butter)
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 175g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped into 1cm squares
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped into 1cm squares
- While chocolate Sprinkles
- 50g milk chocolate, melted (for the topping)
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/Gas Mark 4/350F. Line a 9 or 10 inch square traybake tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until combined. It should look lighter and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold together to form a dough.
- Fold through the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the dough mix.
- Press the dough down into the tin, I used my fingers to really get in there and press it evenly into the tin! Bake for 25 – 35 minutes. It should start to crack around the edges on top and have a little wobble in the very centre still. Check after 20 minutes to make sure it isn’t turning too dark on top, if it is cover with foil and return to the oven.
- Allow to cool in the tin until fully cooled.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate and throw on some sprinkles before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Find me on:
Instagram : @BeckyAnneBakes
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.