Revel Brownies: a fudgy brownie with Revels mixed in, yummy!
Hello bakers! I love baking brownies. They are super satisfying and comforting to eat. To provide some new inspiration for your brownie baking days I’ve brought you this brand new recipe! Revels!! Yes, Revel Brownies really are what you want to bake this weekend. I LOVE Revels. You never know which one you’re going to pick out next, will it be coffee or caramel? Or maybe a raisin??
Adding Revels to the brownie mix adds not just one extra flavour but many. You might get a burst of orange or the crunch of malteser, super yummy! The brownies are as you’d expect, fudgy and gooey in the centre. To get that incredible texture I’ve detailed every step for you. Whisking the eggs and sugar really is the key, that way you get a soft and light brownie.
These really are the BEST brownies. If you’re not a fan of Revels then you can use whatever your favourite chocolate treat is. Or they would be super scrumptious just as they are! They make the perfect dessert as well, serve with a little cream and you won’t regret it.
Don’t fancy revel brownies? Try a different type of brownie!
I have other very tempting brownie recipes on my blog as well. Fancy some Mint Aero Brownies? Or maybe some Cherry Cheesecake Brownies? Brownies are always very popular and you vary them to suit you, and your friends or family.
- 225 g Dark chocolate
- 225 g Unsalted butter
- 4 medium Eggs
- 300 g Caster sugar
- 120 g Plain flour
- 50 g Cocoa powder
- 2 packets Revels
For the decoration
- 1 packet Revels
- 50 g Milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan/180c/ Gas Mark 4 and line a 10 inch square tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. Either in the microwave in short 30 second blasts or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Set aside to cool a little whilst you whip up the eggs.
- In a separate bowl whisk the sugar and eggs until very pale, thick and doubled in size.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into the chocolate mix and fold through gently until just combined.
- Fold in 1 1/2 packets of Revels.
- Pour into the tray. Sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 packet of Revels.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes – you’ll know when the brownies are ready when they start to show cracks on the top. Check them and give them a few more minutes if needed. They should still have a little wobble in the middle when done. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Cut into desired portions, I cut into 16 squares.
- Melt the milk chocolate. Drizzle the chocolate over the squares and top with the extra revels.
Follow me on social media
@BeckyAnneBakes – Instagram
@BeckyAnneBakes – Twitter
@BeckyAnneBakes – Facebook
@BeckyAnneBakes – Pinterest
© BeckyAnneBakes 2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any of the photos, written content or recipe guides on this blog will mean you are breaking copyright laws. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.